My lovely Followers

Friday 23 February 2018

The sweetest nectar ....

Hello,

I've just bought my first dylusions art journal with black pages and couldn't wait to have a play in it.


I had been watching Gerda Van Dijk's You tube channel and she creates some fantastic journal pages in her black journal, so I just had to get one and have a try. 
Here's my first 2 page spread inspired from her work;


The birds and flower stamps are from Sheena Douglas stamp sets, stamped onto Sheena card, coloured with Spectrum Aqua and sparkle pens from Crafters Companion, then cut out and glued on.


The background was created using gesso, paints and stamps - Limor circles from IndigoBlu and wording stamps from Visible Image.
Then finished off with some doodling and highlighting using a white posca pen.



Challenges;

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you created a fantastic journal page on this black background! It makes such a difference - the colors are more bright and clear as on a white page! I like your cute birds too!
    Thank you so much for linking such a gorgeous art journal page to my theme at Art Journal Journey today!
    Wish you a happy weekend!
    Rike

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZINGLY beautiful! Oh wow! Fantastic!
    Thank xou very much for joining us at Art Journal Journey!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic journal pages. A gorgeous range of vibrant colours. Super background and stamps.
    Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been here sooner, but I’m having phone and internet problems from the ice storm we had two nights ago. To make matters worse, my keyboard is acting up . I’ll just stop before I get too frustrated and thank you for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal pages. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the design and colours! Just starting my art journal journey so thank you for the chance to get inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is AMAZING! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out so beautifully! I, too, just bought this journal with black pages so I was very intrigued with what you'd created here! I like how you kept it happy and bright and still incorporated the black so well. The black keeps it grounded and the whole thing was really a treat to see. Thank you for sharing your work with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is a most beautiful spread! The colours have certainly brightened my day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...