My lovely Followers

Saturday 17 February 2018

Believe in the Magic

Good evening / morning/ afternoon depending on where you are :)


I'm back after a little break due to family illness and accidents, and I'd like to share a journal page I've been working on.
It took me a few days as I've had very little time for any art over the passed few weeks and I felt that I'd lost my mojo.
I got inspiration from watching a wonderful art journal and mixed media artist on You tube called Gerda Van Dijk.

Here's a quick rundown of how I created it, any questions please feel free to ask in the comments. :)

I started with the background, using distress oxides, in blue, pink and green. I used a deeper blue through a Indigo Blu circles stencil.
I stamped the mushroom house and fantasy pod houses from Crafters Companion on to seperate card and water coloured them, using Spectrum Noir glitter pens, then cut them out and glued onto my journal page.

The wording came from one of the same stamp sets.


I painted the bottom of the page with Indigo Blu paint and then used markers in black and white to draw the decorative edge, which I decided to carry on up the stems of the pod houses and around the windows too.

 I stamped the leaves, again from a Crafters Companion set, directly on the page across the top, and painted them in with watered down acrylics. I edged each leaf with a posca pen in green and used a white one to draw in a few highlights.

I am pleased with the end result and also feel that it has kick started my creativity again.

I would like to enter it into these challenges,
Creative artiste mixed media challenge - Anything goes
Altered Eclectics
More mixed media challenge- Anything goes and optional red
Stamps and stencils -off-to-collage
We love 2 create- Anything mixed media


Thanks for looking
Hugs Sue xx


6 comments:

  1. A wonderful world. No doubt you find again your creativity here! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bright journal page! Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics this month, Jane (DT) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous journal page, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Sue and a great inspiration for me ... I still haven't inked my copies of these stamps up yet! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely thank you for sharing your projet with the DT from We Love To Create, hugs TErry xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your visit, your comments are much appreciated.
Hugs Sue x

Willowing Art Lessons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...